U.S President “Donald Trump” has said that the deportation of undocumented migrants will begin after July 4.
“We will be removing large numbers of people starting sometime after July 4,” Trump said as additional report said that US Immigration authorities had earlier announced plan to launch a sweeping effort to deport recently arrived undocumented families.
The operation is expected to target up to 2,000 families facing deportation orders in as many as 10 US cities, including Houston, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles, according to a media report . A spokesman for the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement declined to comment, saying,
“Due to law-enforcement sensitivities and the safety and security of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel, the agency will not offer specific details related to enforcement operations before the conclusion of those actions.”
Trump had tweeted, before the formal kickoff of his 2020 re-election campaign, that ICE would begin removing “the millions” of undocumented immigrants in the US. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the country’s top Democrat, responded, saying, “The president’s new threat of a mass deportation dragnet is an act of utter malice and bigotry, designed solely to inject fear in our communities.”